The Idaho Master Naturalist Program aims to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to actively work toward stewardship of Idaho’s natural environment.
Who can become an Idaho Master Naturalist?
Any adult who enjoys nature and is interested in learning more. If you enjoy outdoor recreation, bird watching, identifying plants and animals, gardening, and supporting conservation, this program is for you!
Idaho Master Naturalists can volunteer at nature centers, give programs to children, help biologists collect data, monitor wildlife, assist at parks and natural areas, or contribute to many other conservation efforts.
Anyone who enjoys and appreciates Idaho’s outdoors can be an Idaho Master Naturalist; teachers, hunters, nature guides, farmers, retired professionals, and . . . you!Through the Idaho Master Naturalist Program you will:
- Participate and guide conservation efforts
- Join a statewide network of dedicated, trained volunteers who work toward conservation
- Further your education and interest in nature
- Have an opportunity to give back to your community
- Learning new things
- Meeting new people
- Idaho’s natural world
- With nature
- With your community
- With others who have similar interests
- With professionals
- Help conserve Idaho’s environment
- Collect scientific data
- Teach childre
Top of page