Notice: 5-day waiting period rule change
Controlled Hunt Application Worksheet
To apply for a controlled hunt, residents and nonresidents must have a valid Idaho hunting license and complete the application worksheet below. The worksheets are also found in the respective rules booklets.
- Moose, Mountain Goat, Bighorn Sheep – [PDF, 118 KB]
- Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Black Bear, Turkey – [PDF, 123 KB]
Print out the worksheet to speed up the application process. Use it as a reference when applying by phone or visiting a license vendor or Fish and Game office. You can also use a credit card to apply online* or by phone* at 1-800-554-8685.
Enter your first choice controlled hunt number. Listing a 2nd choice number is optional. Enter the complete four-digit hunt number, NOT the unit/area number. Hunt numbers are found in the first column (left side) of the controlled hunt tables in the big game seasons and rules booklet. Hunt numbers are subject to change each year so be sure to use the current brochure when applying.
Enter your name(s), DOB and hunting license number.
- Two hunters may apply on the same application for turkey, spring and fall bear, moose, bighorn sheep or mountain goat.
- Up to four hunters may apply on the same application for deer, elk, or pronghorn.
Controlled Hunt Tag Fees
- DO NOT MAIL APPLICATIONS!!
- Mailed applications will not be processed.
- For moose, bighorn sheep, or mountain goat, only tag fees will be refunded. If you do not draw, hunting license fees and application fees will not be refunded.
- Applicants for controlled hunts for moose, mountain goat or bighorn sheep may only apply for one species and must submit the entire amount - the tag fee AND the controlled hunt application fee - when applying.
Controlled Hunt Application Periods
|Controlled Hunt Application Periods|
|Tags / Permits||Dates|
|Spring Bear||January 15 – February 15|
|Spring Turkey Permit||February 1 – March 1|
|Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat||April 1 – 30|
|First Super Hunt drawing deadline||May 31|
|Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Fall Bear, Fall Turkey||May 1 – June 5|
|Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat
– *No 2019 second drawing
|June 15 – 25|
|Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Fall Bear
– *Second drawing
|August 5 – 15|
|Second Super Hunt drawing deadline||August 10|
|*Any tags remaining after the first drawing will be offered in a second drawing.|