Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Seasons and Rules
2017 Sage-grouse Seasons and Rules
September 16-22, 2017 – [PDF, 263 KB]
Including: Rabbits, Hares, Furbearers, Predators, Unprotected Species and Falconry
– Full booklet, pages 1-52 [PDF, 3.6 MB]
- Contact Info, Table of Contents, What's New
– Pages 1-3 [PDF, 400 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Birds — Blue grouse, Ruffed grouse, Spruce grouse, California quail, Bobwhite quail, Chukar and Grey partridge, Sage-grouse, Sharp-tailed grouse and Pheasants
– Pages 4-10 [PDF, 892 KB]
During the pheasant season, including the youth pheasant season, shooting hours for upland game birds are from 10 a.m. to one-half hour after sunset on the following WMAs where pheasants are stocked: C.J. Strike, Cartier Slough, Fort Boise, Market Lake, Montour, Mud Lake, Niagara Springs, Payette River and Sterling. Everywhere else in the state, shooting hours start one-half hour before sunrise.
- WMA Upland Game Bird Permit
– Page 11 [PDF, 184 KB]
On July 1, 2016 the age requirement for a WMA pheasant permit changed to 18. Those under 18 can hunt pheasants on a Fish and Game WMA without a permit.
- Upland Game Bird Identification
– Pages 12-13 [PDF, 343 KB]
- Unlawful Methods of Take
– Page 14 [PDF, 227 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Animals — cottontail rabbits and snowshoe hares
– Page 15 [PDF, 245 KB]
- Wild Turkey
– Pages 16-25 [PDF, 746 KB]
– Pages 26-27 [PDF, 308 KB]
- Furbearers, Ground Squirrels
– Pages 28-40 [PDF, 1 MB]
- General Hunting Rules
– Pages 41-45 [PDF, 364 KB]
- General License Information, Residency Requirements
– Pages 46-47 [PDF, 196 KB]
- License, Tag and Permit Fees
– Pages 48-52 [PDF, 776 KB]
- 2016 - 2018 Take Seasons for Wild Peregrine Falcons
Seasons and rules governing take of Peregrine falcons from the wild for falconry purposes. – [PDF, 554 KB]
Other Rules Information
- Idaho Fish & Game strongly encourages wearing hunter orange as a voluntary safety measure. See the Hunter Orange Policy – [PDF, 16 KB]
- Idaho's Amphibians and Reptiles – Rules for collection, possession and permitting – [PDF, 650 KB]
- Marijuana on Public Lands – What you should know when hunting in the field
The Rules Brochures
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.