Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Seasons and Rules
Including: Rabbits, Hares, Red Squirrel, Furbearers, Predators, Unprotected Species and Falconry
– Full booklet, pages 1-54 [PDF, 4.4 MB]
- Contact Info, Table of Contents, What's New
– Pages 1-5 [PDF, 722 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Birds — Blue grouse, Ruffed grouse, Spruce grouse, California quail, Bobwhite quail, Chukar and Grey partridge, Sage-grouse information, Sharp-tailed grouse and Pheasants
– Pages 6-12 [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- WMA Upland Game Bird Permit
– Page 13 [PDF, 170 KB]
- Upland Game Bird Identification
– Pages 13-14 [PDF, 327 KB]
- Unlawful Methods of Take
– Page 15 [PDF, 115 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Animals — cottontail rabbits and snowshoe hares
– Page 16-17 [PDF, 241 KB]Red Squirrel Seasons:
Red squirrel is a new hunting opportunity. The 2018 red squirrel season proclamation was approved and posted here August 28, 2018.
Download red squirrel brochure 2018
- Wild Turkey
– Pages 18-28 [PDF, 893 KB]
– Pages 29 [PDF, 139 KB]
- Furbearers, Ground Squirrels
– Pages 30-42 [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- General Hunting Rules
– Pages 43-46 [PDF, 337 KB]
- General License Information, Residency Requirements, Fees
– Pages 47-52 [PDF, 611 KB]
- 2016 - 2018 Take Seasons for Wild Peregrine Falcons
Seasons and rules governing take of Peregrine falcons from the wild for falconry purposes. – [PDF, 554 KB]
Other Rules Information
Wildlife Management Area Hunting Information
Note to Hunters on Wildlife Management Areas:
During the pheasant season, including the youth pheasant season, shooting hours for upland game birds are from 10 a.m. to one-half hour after sunset on the following WMAs where pheasants are stocked: C.J. Strike, Cartier Slough, Fort Boise, Market Lake, Montour, Mud Lake, Niagara Springs, Payette River and Sterling. Everywhere else in the state, shooting hours start one-half hour before sunrise.
Note: Age change for WMA permit:
n July 1, 2016 the age requirement for a WMA pheasant permit changed to 18. Those under 18 can hunt pheasants on a Fish and Game WMA without a permit.
Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 10:00 AM MST
Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 7:54 PM MST
The Rules Brochures
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.