Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Seasons and Rules
Including: Rabbits, Hares, Red Squirrel, Furbearers, Predators, Unprotected Species and Falconry
– Full booklet, pages 1-55 [PDF, 9.1 MB]
Update Notices: This brochure was modified on the following dates:
Shooting hours were added for areas where an Upland Game Bird Permit is required on page 13 and a pelt fee was changed on page 34 - 09/15/2020
References were added to include expanded upland game permit opportunities. - 08/30/2020
- Contact Info, Table of Contents, What's New
– Pages 1-5 [PDF, 628 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Birds — Blue grouse, Ruffed grouse, Spruce grouse, California quail, Bobwhite quail, Chukar and Grey partridge, Sage-grouse information, Sharp-tailed grouse and Pheasants
– Pages 6-13 [PDF, 5 MB]Pheasant Stocking Program
Expanded in 2020, the pheasant stocking program provides additional hunting opportunities on Wildlife Management Areas and access agreement properties.
See properties and stocking schedulesSage-grouse Seasons: 2020 Sage-grouse season brochure
Sage-grouse seasons are set annually outside of the upland game brochure. The 2020 sage-grouse season proclamation was approved and posted here August 20, 2020.
- Unlawful Methods of Take
– Page 13 [PDF, 158 KB]
- Upland Game Bird Identification
– Pages 14-15 [PDF, 302 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Animals — red squirrel, cottontail rabbits, and snowshoe hares
– Pages 16-17 [PDF, 1,020 KB]
- Wild Turkey
– Pages 18-29 [PDF, 1,694 KB]
– Page 30 [PDF, 134 KB]
- Furbearers, Ground Squirrels
– Pages 31-43 [PDF, 942 KB]
- General Hunting Rules
– Pages 44-48 [PDF, 387 KB]
- General License Information, Residency Requirements, Fees
– Pages 49-55 [PDF, 627 KB]
Other Rules Information
Upland Game Bird Permit: do you need one to turkey hunt this spring? Do you need one to hunt upland birds next fall?
Monday, February 1, 2021 - 11:54 AM MST
Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 11:10 AM MDT
The Rules Brochures
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.