Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Seasons and Rules
Including: Rabbits, Hares, Red Squirrel, Furbearers, Predators, Unprotected Species and Falconry
– Full booklet, pages 1-55 [PDF, 9.1 MB]
Update Notices (highlighted in yellow throughout): This brochure was modified on the following dates:
Rules for Upland Gamebirds (page 13) Turkey Unit Tags (page 20) 11/9/2021
Turkey Tag Types, page 20. 11/3/2021
Pheasant hunting location: Zollinger Access Yes! removed, pages 11-12. 9/30/2021
Method of Take-Trapping, pages 36-37. 9/29/2021
Shooting hours were added for areas where an Upland Game Bird Permit is required on page 13 and a pelt fee was changed on page 34 - 09/15/2020
References were added to include expanded upland game permit opportunities. - 08/30/2020
Pheasant season and information, pages 11-13 - 07/27/2021
- Contact Info, Table of Contents, What's New
– Pages 1-5 [PDF, 628 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Birds — Blue grouse, Ruffed grouse, Spruce grouse, California quail, Bobwhite quail, Chukar and Grey partridge, Sage-grouse information, Sharp-tailed grouse and Pheasants
– Pages 6-13 [PDF, 5 MB] Updated 7/27/2021Pheasant Stocking Program
Expanded in 2020, the pheasant stocking program provides additional hunting opportunities on Wildlife Management Areas and access agreement properties.
See properties and stocking schedulesSage-grouse Seasons: 2021 Sage-grouse season brochure
Sage-grouse seasons are set annually outside of the upland game brochure. The 2021 sage-grouse season proclamation was approved and posted here July 21, 2021.
- Unlawful Methods of Take
– Page 13 [PDF, 158 KB] Updated 7/27/2021
- Upland Game Bird Identification
– Pages 14-15 [PDF, 302 KB]
- Season Information for Upland Game Animals — red squirrel, cottontail rabbits, and snowshoe hares
– Pages 16-17 [PDF, 1,020 KB]
- Wild Turkey
– Pages 18-29 [PDF, 1,694 KB]
– Page 30 [PDF, 134 KB]
- Furbearers, Ground Squirrels
– Pages 31-43 [PDF, 942 KB]
- General Hunting Rules
– Pages 44-48 [PDF, 387 KB]
- General License Information, Residency Requirements, Fees
– Pages 49-55 [PDF, 627 KB]
Other Rules Information
Friday, December 10, 2021 - 2:22 PM MST
Friday, December 10, 2021 - 12:10 PM MSTHunting Upland Game Hunting Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey Seasons and Rules Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) Snowshoe Hare (Lepus americanus) Eastern Cottontail (Sylvilagus floridanus) Mountain Cottontail (Sylvilagus nuttallii) Dusky Grouse (Dendragapus obscurus) Ruffed Grouse (Bonasa umbellus) Spruce Grouse (Falcipennis canadensis)
Friday, December 3, 2021 - 3:51 PM MST
Fish and Game wants to hear from you on upland game, turkey and furbearer season proposals in the Panhandle and elsewhere in the state
Friday, December 3, 2021 - 1:53 PM MST
Friday, November 26, 2021 - 11:06 AM MST
The Rules Brochures
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.