Idaho Super Hunts!
Idaho Super Hunts!
You don't need a license to enter the drawing!
Idaho’s Super Hunt and Super Hunt Combo tags allow hunters to pursue world class big game in any open hunt in Idaho. Every year, 34 hunters win this special opportunity! To win a Super Hunt tag, hunters need to enter the Super Hunt Drawings.
- Super Hunt species include elk, deer, antelope and moose.
- You do not need a hunting license to enter the Super Hunt Drawings.
If you draw, you will need purchase a license to participate in the hunt.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Entry deadline for 1st drawing is May 31.
- Entry deadline for 2nd drawing is August 10.
There are several ways to enter the drawings.
- Online with a credit card.
- At license vendors with a credit card.
- By phone 1-800-554-8685 with a credit card.
- At Fish and Game offices with a check or debit card.
- By mail, send a Super Hunt order form with a check.
Note: Telephone and online vendors add a convenience fee equal to three percent of the purchase plus $3.50.
Deadlines and Drawings
Idaho Super Hunt has two drawings.
- Deadline for entries is May 31st.
- Eight elk, eight deer, eight pronghorn and one moose will be drawn.
- One Super Hunt Combo will also be drawn. This winner is entitled to hunt all four species.
- Winners will be notified by June 10.
- Deadline for entries is August 10.
- Two elk, two deer, two pronghorn and one moose hunt will be drawn.
- One Super Hunt Combo will also be drawn.
- Winners will be notified by August 22.
(photo credit: Grady Rawls)
View other winners...
Frequently Asked Questions
A1. Sorry, entries in the first drawing won't be accepted for the second one. You will need to buy and fill out new entries. Entries for the second drawing need to be received by Idaho Fish and Game by August 10.
A2. Yes, they can. Anyone can enter the Super Hunt Drawings. You can also buy entries for your hunting partner and friends.
A3. You can buy and submit as many entries as you want.
A4. You do not need an Idaho hunting license to apply for a Super Hunt or Super Hunt Combo, but you do have to purchase one if you are drawn. The Super Hunt tags are provided at no charge.
A5. If you win, you can hunt in any legal hunt area for the species you drew, including in controlled hunts. You do not have to designate a specific hunt.
For example, if you draw a deer tag you can choose to hunt in unit 11 controlled hunt, then unit 39 general season hunt and then any other legal hunt you want until you have harvested your deer. The only requirement is that you abide by the restrictions and dates of the hunt. For example, if the hunt is muzzleloader only, you must hunt with a muzzleloader.
A6. No, the Super Hunt and Super Hunt Combo tags are over and above other limits.
A7. A Super Hunt tag represents an additional chance to harvest an animal. If you draw a controlled hunt for deer, elk, or antelope, you can participate in the controlled hunt (or a general season hunt that you want to participate in) as well as the Super Hunt. This applies to moose hunts, as well.
A8. No, only the winner of a Super Hunt tag can use it.
View all questions about Super Hunt.
Money raised by the Super Hunt drawings supports hunters and anglers access to private lands through the AccessYes! program.