Hunter Education Programs
Learn how to safely and responsibly enjoy hunting in the outdoors.
How To Get Your Hunter Education Card
Hunter Education Certification Courses
- Instructor–led Course: A classroom course recommended for students ages 9 to 14 years of age or anyone new to hunting. View & sign-up for courses.
- Internet Course: A self-paced online course for students ages 10 and older; requires signing up for a field day following the course. Learn more.
- Hunter & Bowhunter Instructor-led Course: A classroom course for students ages 9 and older. Students certify in both hunter and bowhunter education. View & sign-up for courses.
Bowhunter Education Certification Courses
- Bowhunter Instructor-led course: A classroom course recommended for students ages 9 to 14 or anyone new to bowhunting. View & sign-up for courses.
- Bowhunter Internet Course: A self-paced online course for students ages 10 and older. Students certify without attending a field day. Take the course.
Who is required to have Bowhunter Education? To buy an archery permit, all bowhunters must possess a valid hunting license and show proof they have completed an approved bowhunter education course or show evidence of having been licensed for an archery-only hunt in Idaho or another state, or complete an affidavit to that effect.
- Outdoor Skills Courses: Specialized classes designed for beginning hunters and anglers. Classes include hands-on training taught by seasoned sportsmen and women. View & sign-up for courses.
- Trapper Education Instructor-led Course: A classroom course that covers trapping laws, ethical trapping, avoiding non-target catch, safety and basic trapping methods. View & sign-up for courses.
- Wolf Trapper Instructor-led Course: A classroom course that covers wolf trapping regulations, ethics and trapping methods. Learn more.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 1:48 PM MDT