About Fish and Game
Idaho Fish and Game's mission is to protect, preserve, perpetuate and manage Idaho's wildlife resources.
A 1938 voter initiative created the Idaho Fish and Game Commission structure that governs the agency today.
- See what the Commission does and meet the members.
- Meet the Directors Office and staff who manage and carry out our policies.
- The agency is split into seven regions and one sub-region coordinated from the headquarters office in Boise.
- Learn about the agency's history, mission and view our guiding document the Strategic Plan.
- Also see our Director's Annual Reports.
- See what the department's legislative status is each year by following our Legislative Updates page.
In 2014, Idaho Fish and Game celebrated the 75th anniversary of the 1938 voter initiative that created the department as we know it today. The voter initiative established the Fish and Game Commission and the goal of establishing a professional wildlife agency. Explore the 75th for historical documents, videos, photos and descriptions of many of the programs the department has created to benefit wildlife and the people of Idaho, because Idaho’s wildlife belongs to you.