In Idaho, a number of commercial "shooting preserves" exist that allow a hunter to hunt domestic upland game birds for a fee. The fees charged vary but usually include a membership or use-fee plus a charge for all birds released to hunt.
The general season for a shooting preserve is August 15 to April 15. Contact the preserve of your choice for more information.
- Flying B Ranch / Pheasant, Chukar, Gray Partridge, Quail
– Joseph Peterson, Kamiah, ID - (208) 935-0755
- Little Canyon / Pheasant, Chukar
– Marvin "Sonny" Hairston, Peck, ID - (208) 486-6235
- 2C Pheasant Hunts LLC / Pheasant, Chukar
– Jerry Payne, 27333 Fountain Rd. Parma, ID 83660 - (208) 941-1489
- Lazy Bear Ranch, LLC / Pheasant, Chukar, Quail
– Tim Wrightman, 612 Unity Lane, Weiser, ID - (208) 550-0440
- Milton Cockerham / Pheasant, Chukar
– Gooding, ID - (208) 934-4012
- Miller Kennels and Game Birds / Pheasant, Chukar, Quail, Huns
– Roger Miller/Oneida County - (801) 540-4661
- Little Birch Creek / Pheasant, Gray Partridge, Chukar, Quail
– Gordon McLean - (208) 604-0720
- Shooting Preserves
Idaho Code, Chapter 22, Title 36.
- Idaho Administrative Rules
Governing the Importation, Possession, Release, Sale or Salvage of Wildlife.
– [PDF Format]
- Shooting Preserve Permit Application
Please print, fill out and return to a Fish and Game office.
– [PDF Format, 40 KB]
- Bird Record
– [PDF Format 105 KB]
- Registration Book
– [PDF Format 80 KB]
Top of page