Moose, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Seasons and Rules
The sections below are split into smaller files focused on the categories listed.
Includes — Table of contents and what's new
– Pages 1-5 [PDF, 6 MB]
Some key dates are also listed below.
Moose Hunting Information
– Pages 6-8 [PDF, 336 KB]
Moose Hunting Maps
– Pages 8-12 [PDF, 1.8 KB]
Moose Hunting Areas
– Pages 14-16 [PDF, 607 KB]
Bighorn Sheep Hunting Information
– Pages 18-19 [PDF, 231 KB]
Bighorn Sheep Hunting Maps
– Pages 20-22 [PDF, 835 KB]
Bighorn Sheep Hunting Areas
– Page 23 [PDF, 91 KB]
Bighorn Sheep Lottery
– Page 17 [PDF, 136 KB]
Mountain Goat Hunting Information
– Page 24 [PDF, 145 KB]
Mountain Goat Hunting Maps
– Pages 25-26 [PDF, 773 KB]
Mountain Goat Hunting Areas
– Pages 27-28 [PDF, 212 KB]
– Pages 29-33 [PDF, 346 KB]
Roads, Trails, Motor Vehicles and Wildlife
– Pages 34-36 [PDF, 358 KB]
Controlled Hunt Information
– Pages 37-39, [PDF, 158 KB]
Licenses, Tags, and Permits
– Pages 40-46 [PDF, 1,006 KB]
Brochure posted 02/24/2020 8:10 pm MDT
- 1st controlled hunt application period April 1- 30.
- 2nd controlled hunt application period June 15-25.
- Leftover tags from the 2nd drawing go on sale July 10.
Other Rules Information
- Agency Guidance Documents - A transparency resource center for agency policies, procedures, interpretations, and/or guidance documents.
- Idaho Fish & Game strongly encourages wearing hunter orange as a voluntary safety measure. See the Hunter Orange Policy
- Marijuana on Public Lands – What you should know when hunting in the field
Thursday, April 22, 2021 - 3:06 PM MDT
Hunters will see big reduction in antlerless moose tags, similar sheep and goat tags for 2021-22 seasons
Thursday, January 28, 2021 - 4:01 PM MST
The Rules Brochures
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.