Moose, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Seasons and Rules
– Full booklet, pages 1-44, [PDF, 6 MB]
- Phone Numbers, Table of Contents and What's New
– Pages 1-5, [PDF, 398 KB]
- Moose Season Information
– Pages 6-8, [PDF, 226 KB]
- Bighorn Sheep Season Information
– Page 18-19, [PDF, 561 KB]
- Mountain Goat Season Information
– Page 24, [PDF, 98 KB]
- General Wildlife Laws, Tagging and Proxy for Transport, Weapon Restrictions
– Pages 28-33, [PDF, 293 KB]
- Roads, Trails, Motor Vehicles
– Pages 34-36, [PDF, 490 KB]
- Controlled Hunt Info, Application Instructions
– Pages 37-39, [PDF, 159 KB]
- Licenses, Tags, Permits and Fees
– Pages 40-44, [PDF, 808 KB]
- 1st controlled hunt application period April 1- 30.
- 2nd controlled hunt application period June 15-25.
- Leftover tags from the 2nd drawing go on sale July 10.
Other Rules Information
- Idaho Fish & Game strongly encourages wearing hunter orange as a voluntary safety measure. See the Hunter Orange Policy – [PDF, 16 KB]
- Idaho's Amphibians and Reptiles – Rules for collection, possession and permitting – [PDF, 650 KB]
- Marijuana on Public Lands – What you should know when hunting in the field
Friday, March 30, 2018 - 10:53 AM MDTHunting Moose, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Seasons and Rules Controlled Hunt Information Panhandle Region Clearwater Region Southwest Region Magic Valley Region Southeast Region Upper Snake Region Salmon Region Moose (Alces americanus) Bighorn Sheep (Ovis canadensis) Mountain Goat (Oreamnos americanus)
New changes to 2018 big game rules: sheep, goat, Unit 10A deer hunt, Weiser River elk zone, and units 26 and 27 controlled deer hunts
Friday, March 23, 2018 - 5:12 PM MDTHunting Big Game Hunting Fish and Game Commission Panhandle Region Clearwater Region Southwest Region Magic Valley Region Southeast Region Upper Snake Region Salmon Region Big Game Seasons and Rules Moose, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Seasons and Rules Bighorn Sheep (Ovis canadensis) Mountain Goat (Oreamnos americanus) White-tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus) Mule Deer (Odocoileus hemionus)
The Rules Brochures
Online rules brochures are created in PDF file format. They are produced to keep the online display as close as possible to the printed version.
Printed copies of the rules brochure can be picked up, without charge, at local license vendors or by calling 208-334-3700 to receive a copy by mail.
To view Idaho Fish and Game administrative rules and code, visit the Office of Administrative Rules on the Idaho Department of Administration website.
To advertise in future Idaho Fish and Game rules brochures, call: Rotary Offset Press: 1-253-216-1256.