Grizzly Bear (Ursus arctos)
Grizzly Bears are classified under the Endangered Species Act as Threatened in the conterminous (lower 48) States, except where listed as an Experimental Population or Delisted.
- The Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem Population was Delisted due to Recovery in 2016.
- The Bitterroot Ecosystem Recovery Zone Population is classified as an Experimental Population.
State Rank S2
Global Rank G4
- Species of Greatest Conservation Need Tier 1
- US Endangered Species Act Threatened, except where listed as an experimental population or delisted Species
- Bureau of Land Management Sensitive Species Type 1
- US Forest Service Intermountain Region Sensitive Species
- Idaho Wildlife Classification: Big Game