Angler Guide to the Gem State
Whether you are a budding angler or a seasoned veteran, the Angler Guide can help you plan your next fishing adventure. The guide is organized by regions of the state, which allows you to focus on specific areas.
Read these sections to explore the wide variety of fishing Idaho offers across the state.
- Game Fish Identification [PDF, 3 MB]
- Section 1 - Fishing in Idaho, Fishing Basics, Family Fishing Waters, Panfish, Catch and Release, Bass Fishing - PDF, 4 MB]
- Section 2 - Fly Fishing, Steelhead/Salmon Fishing, White Sturgeon, Invasive Species - PDF, 3 MB]
- Section 3 - Ice Fishing, Wild Trout Streams, Mountain Whitefish - PDF, 3.5 MB]
The regional maps and charts will help you find waters to match your fishing preferences.
- Panhandle Region Fisheries - [PDF, 340 KB]
- Clearwater Region Fisheries - [PDF, 280 KB]
- Southwest Region Fisheries - North - [PDF, 370 MB]
- Southwest Region Fisheries - South - [PDF, 300 KB]
- Magic Valley Region Fisheries - [PDF,450 KB]
- Southeast Region Fisheries - [PDF, 230 KB]
- Upper Snake Region Fisheries - [PDF, 275 KB]
- Salmon Region Fisheries - [PDF, 250 KB]
Download or view the complete Angler's Guide to the Gem State - [PDF, 12 MB]