Fishing seasons in Idaho are established within administrative regions.
The Department is asking for public comment on draft proposed changes to the fishing seasons and rules brochure. The final proposed changes will be presented for the Commission's approval at the November meeting.
Draft Proposed Changes for Review
The draft proposals are listed in sections for your review. Please address the changes you'd like to in the appropriate comment form.
Open House Opportunities
This information will be available by Friday, September 7, 2018
Proposed Seasons and Rules Comment Periods
Providing Effective Feedback:
- Read and understand the information you are commenting on
- Feel free to reach out to the agency with questions
- Be concise but support your claims
- Base your justification on sound reasoning, scientific evidence, and/or how you will be impacted
- Address trade-offs and opposing views in your comment
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an effective comment
- The comment process is not a vote – one well supported comment is often more influential than a thousand form letters
Constructive Comment Considerations
A comment can express simple support or dissent for a regulatory action. However, a constructive, information-rich comment that clearly communicates and supports its claims is more likely to have an impact on regulatory decision making.
These tips are meant to help you. Constructive comments have an impact and help agency policy makers who are making regulations. (learn more at regulations.gov)