Fishing seasons in Idaho are established within administrative regions.
The Department is asking for public comment on draft proposed changes to the fishing seasons and rules brochure. The final proposed changes will be presented for the Commission's approval at the November meeting.
General Fishing Seasons for the Magic Valley Region
All Waters Open All Year Except as modified in Magic Valley Region Special Rule Waters (pages 23-26 of the fishing seasons and rules brochure).
Daily Bag Limits for the Magic Valley Region are defined on page 22 of the fishing seasons and rules brochure.
Draft Proposed Changes Follow
The draft proposals are listed below. There are three total proposals: one daily bag limit change and two Special Rule Waters changes listed below. Please address the changes you'd like to in the appropriate space. General comments within the region can be listed above the Contact Information space.
Open House Opportunity
September 19, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm MountainCommunity Campus: Minnie Moore Room
1050 Fox Acres Rd
Hailey, ID 83338
September 20, 12: 00 pm – 7:00 pm MountainMagic Valley Regional Fish and Game Office
324 S. 417 East
Jerome, ID 83338
Other Seasons and Rules Comment Periods
Providing Effective Feedback:
- Read and understand the information you are commenting on
- Feel free to reach out to the agency with questions
- Be concise but support your claims
- Base your justification on sound reasoning, scientific evidence, and/or how you will be impacted
- Address trade-offs and opposing views in your comment
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an effective comment
- The comment process is not a vote – one well supported comment is often more influential than a thousand form letters
Constructive Comment Considerations
A comment can express simple support or dissent for a regulatory action. However, a constructive, information-rich comment that clearly communicates and supports its claims is more likely to have an impact on regulatory decision making.
These tips are meant to help you. Constructive comments have an impact and help agency policy makers who are making regulations. (learn more at regulations.gov)