Fishing seasons in Idaho are established within administrative regions.
The Department is asking for public comment on draft proposed changes to the fishing seasons and rules brochure. The final proposed changes will be presented for the Commission's approval at the November meeting.
General Fishing Seasons for the Upper Snake Region
All Waters Open All Year Except as modified in Upper Snake Region Special Rule Waters (pages 33-34 of the fishing seasons and rules brochure).
Daily Bag Limits for the Upper Snake Region are defined on page 32 of the fishing seasons and rules brochure.
Draft Proposed Changes Follow
The draft proposals are listed below. There are four total proposals: four daily bag limit changes are listed below. Please address the changes you'd like to in the appropriate space. General comments within the region can be listed above the Contact Information space.
Open House Opportunity
September 19, 9:00 am – 8:00 pm MountainUpper Snake Region Fish and Game Office
4279 Commerce Circle
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Other Seasons and Rules Comment Periods
Providing Effective Feedback:
- Read and understand the information you are commenting on
- Feel free to reach out to the agency with questions
- Be concise but support your claims
- Base your justification on sound reasoning, scientific evidence, and/or how you will be impacted
- Address trade-offs and opposing views in your comment
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an effective comment
- The comment process is not a vote – one well supported comment is often more influential than a thousand form letters
Constructive Comment Considerations
A comment can express simple support or dissent for a regulatory action. However, a constructive, information-rich comment that clearly communicates and supports its claims is more likely to have an impact on regulatory decision making.
These tips are meant to help you. Constructive comments have an impact and help agency policy makers who are making regulations. (learn more at regulations.gov)