Waterfowl seasons open in eastern and northern Idaho on Saturday, October 1; seasons open in the southwest and south central areas two weeks later on October 15. Seasons are: Area 1: All of the state not included in Area 2; northern and eastern Idaho.
- For ducks and dark geese from October 1 to January 13, with a shorter scaup season from October 22 to January 13.
- For snow and Ross's geese from October 1 to January 13, 2012.
- Fremont and Teton counties are closed to light goose hunting.
- For ducks and dark geese from October 15 to January 27, 2012, with a shorter scaup season from November 5 to January 27, 2012.
- For snow and Ross's geese from November 6 to January 27, 2012; and reopen from February 18 to March 10, 2012.
- Parts of Area 2 closed during the spring light goose season are Fort Boise and Payette River WMAs and that portion of the Roswell Marsh Wildlife Habitat Area south of state Highway 18, and the Snake River Islands Unit of the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge in the Southwest Region.
- For snow and Ross's geese from October 23 to January 13, 2012; and reopens from February 18 to March 10, 2012.