Even with COVID-19 concerns changing the way we are currently living, working, and recreating, you can still get outside for some fishing adventures. Just remember to follow public health recommendations for social distancing, even when outdoors.
Idaho Department of Fish and Game will stock over 35,000 rainbow trout in the 10-12 inch range at the following location in July.
Location, Week Stocked, Number of Trout
- Bayhorse Lake, June 29-July 3, 2,000
- Blue Mt. Meadow Pond, July 13-17, 300
- Capehorn Lakes, June 29-July 3 & July 6-10, 800 total
- Hayden Creek Pond, July 6-10 & July 20-24, 1,100 total
- Hyde Creek Pond, July 6-10, 200 total
- Iron Lake, July 27-31, 1,000
- Josephus Lake (Upper and Lower), July 20-24, 800 total
- Kids Creek Pond, July 6-10 & July 20-24, 550 total
- Little Bayhorse Lake, June 29-July 3, 1,000
- Meadow Lake, June 29-July 3, 2,000
- Mosquito Flat Reservoir, July 13-17, 1,000
- Perkins Lake, July 6-10, 300
- Salmon River (Decker Flat to Torrey’s Hole), June 29-July 3, July 6-10, July 13-17, July 20-24, July 27-31, 17,360 total
- Squaw Creek Pond, July 13-17, 300
- Stanley Lake, July 20-24m 2,100
- Valley Creek, June 29-July 3, July 6-10, July 13-17, July 27-31, 2,750 total
- Yankee Fork Dredge Ponds, June 29-July 3, July 6-10 & July 20-24, 3,600 total
The number of trout actually released may be altered by weather, road conditions, equipment problems or schedule changes. If delays occur, trout will be released when conditions become favorable.
Anglers can find more detailed information on each of these waters, including maps, facilities, species present, stocking records, and fishing rules by visiting the Fishing Planner on Fish and Game’s website.