Fish and Game stocks between 300 and 700 pheasants per week at Fort Boise WMA. November is busiest month and when the most birds are stocked per week. Here's the stocking schedule at Idaho's WMAs, but the exact day when birds are stocked is not announced.
Hunters should beware of special rules pertaining to WMAs where pheasants are stocked.
• Pheasant hunting is not not allowed until 10 a.m.
• All upland game hunters are required to wear visible hunter orange of at least 36 square inches above the waist during pheasant season when hunting on WMAs where pheasants are stocked. A hunter orange hat meets this requirement.
• Pheasant hunters are required to purchase a Wildlife Management Area Pheasant Permit if they intend to hunt on WMAs where pheasants are stocked.
• Hunters must validate their permit in writing, immediately upon harvest. That means in the field, not when you get back to your vehicle.
• The daily bag limit is two cocks, and the possession limit is six on WMAs.
• Each WMA permit is valid for six cocks, and additional permits may be purchased.
Fish and Game's wildlife management areas offer an opportunity hunters to have access ground for pheasant hunting. F&G releases birds on nine WMAs in southern and eastern Idaho.
WMAs are a great place to get your favorite hunting pal out for some exercise and the chance to flush a pheasant.
Want to learn more about pheasant hunting at Fort Boise?