Idaho Fish and Game wants to hear from hunters on proposed changes to moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat seasons for 2017 and 2018.
Fish and Game will host open houses where those interested can visit with local wildlife biologists about the proposals and provided their comments.
- Ponderay - December 8, 6 to 8 p.m., Ponderay Events Center, 401 Bonner Mall Way.
- Lewiston - December 14, from 12 to 7 p.m., Clearwater Region office, 3316 16th Street, 208-799-5010.
- Nampa - December 20, 12 to 8 p.m., Southwest Region office, 3101 S. Powerline Road, 208-465-8465.
- McCall - December 19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Fish and Game office, 555 Deinhard Lane, 208-634-8137.
- Jerome - December 20, 6 p.m., Magic Valley Region office, 324 S. 417 E. Suite #1, 208-324-4359.
- Burley - December 13, 6 p.m., Best Western Inn, 800 N Overland Avenue.
- Pocatello - December 14, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Southeast Region office, 1345 Barton Road, 208-232-4703.
- Idaho Falls - December 19, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Upper Snake Region office, 4279 Commerce Circle, 208-525-7290.
- Salmon - December 19, 4:00-7:00 p.m., Salmon Region office, 99 Hwy 93 North, 208-756-2271.
- Challis – December 20, 4:00-7:00 p.m., Challis Community Events Center Board Room.
Open houses in other areas are being planned and will be announced when they are set.
Starting December 12, a complete list of statewide season proposals - and the opportunity to comment online – will be available on Fish and Game’s website at https://idfg.idaho.gov/comment. Comments can also be mailed to: 2017-2018 Big Game MSG Species Season Proposals, PO Box 25, Boise, ID 83707. The deadline for comments is January 4.
All comments will be presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission prior to setting the seasons at their meeting in Boise January 26.
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting their local Fish and Game office or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-368-6185 (TDD).