Idaho Fish and Game plans several open house meetings around the state during February to collect public comments on the 2017 and 2018 proposed seasons and rules for deer, elk, pronghorn, black bear, gray wolf and mountain lion.
Interested individuals can visit with department personnel concerning the proposed seasons and provide their written comments by attending any of the below meetings.
- Sandpoint, Feb. 16, 5:30 to 7:30 pm, Ponderay Events Center, 401 Bonner Mall Way, Suite E
- St. Maries, Feb. 18, 8:00 am to 10:00 am, 18th Elks Lodge, 628 Main Ave
- Coeur d’Alene, Feb. 23, 5:30 to 7:30 pm, IDFG Regional Office, 2885 W Kathleen Ave
- Osburn, Feb. 25, 8:30 am to 10:30 am, VFW Hall, 318 E Mullan Ave
Clearwater Region - all meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Grangeville, Feb. 15, Senior Citizens Center, 108 N. State St.
- Moscow, Feb. 21, Latah County Fairgrounds Exhibit Building, 1021 Harold
- Orofino, Feb. 22,Fish and Game Clearwater Hatchery, Northwest of bridge in Ahsahka, 118 Hatchery Roe Drive
- Lewiston, Feb. 23, Clearwater Region Office, 3316 16th St.
Southwest Region - all meetings will be held from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Garden Valley, Feb. 16, Garden Valley High School, 1053 Banks-Lowman Road
- Nampa, Feb. 21, Southwest Region Office, 3101 S. Powerline Road
- McCall, Feb. 22, Fish and Game Office, 555 Deinhard Lane
- Council, Feb. 23, American Legion Hall, Highway 95
Magic Valley Region - all meetings will begin at 6 p.m.
- Burley, Feb. 13, Best Western Inn, 800 N. Overland.
- Jerome, Feb. 15, Magic Valley Region Office, 324 S. 417 E.
- Hailey, Feb. 16, Community Campus, 1050 Fox Acres Road
Southeast Region - all meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Preston, Feb. 13, Larsen-Sant Library, 109 South 1st East
- Soda Springs, Feb. 15, Senior Center, 60 South Main Street
- Malad City, Feb. 16, Senior Citizens Center, 26 North Main Street
- Montpelier, Feb. 21, Bear Lake Senior Center, 115 South 4th Street
- Blackfoot, Feb. 22, City Hall Council Chambers, 157 North Broadway
- Pocatello, Feb. 23, Southeast Region Office, 1345 Barton Road
Upper Snake Region – all meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Idaho Falls, Feb. 15, Upper Snake Region Office, 4279 Commerce Circle,
- Arco, Feb. 16, Butte County High School Library, 120 N. Water St
Salmon Region - all meetings will be held from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Challis, Feb. 23, Y-Inn Cafe conference room, Main Street.
- Salmon, Feb. 24, Salmon Region Office, 99 Hwy 93 North.
Season proposals will also be available for review and comment on the Fish and Game website at http://idfg.idaho.gov around February 8. The deadline for submitting comments goes through midnight February 26. The website provides a convenient way for people to review the proposals and provide their comments without having to travel to a meeting.
All comments received will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission prior to their March 15-16 meeting in Boise when big game seasons will be set.
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting their nearest Fish and Game office or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-368-6185 (TDD).