The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking public comments on proposed changes to the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 upland game and furbearer seasons.
Interested hunters are encouraged to attend one of the regional open house meetings. So far three meetings have been set.
Clearwater Region: 208-799-5010
- Wednesday, December 21 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Clearwater Region office, 3316 16th Street in Lewiston.
Southwest Region: Nampa - 208-465-8465
- Wednesday, January 4 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Southwest Region office, 3101 S. Powerline Road, Nampa.
Upper Snake Region: 208-525-7290
- Wednesday, January 4 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Upper Snake Region office, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls.
Some ideas that will be considered include:
- Moving opening day of the upland game bird seasons to the third Saturday in September.
- Increasing the chukar and gray partridge bag limit back up to 8 each.
- Increasing possession limits to three times the daily bag limit.
- Reductions in fall turkey hunting in the Southeast and Southwest regions, changing some hunts from general to controlled hunts in the Southeast Region.
- Increasing otter quotas in the Panhandle, Clearwater and Southeast regions.
- A few changes to areas open or closed to beaver trapping in the Clearwater and Magic Valley Regions.
Anyone unable to attend an open house may submit comments online, by mail to Upland Game Comments, P.O. Box 25, Boise ID 83707, or by contacting regional wildlife managers.
To comment on upland game proposals go to: https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/portal/form/uplandsurvey.
To comment on furbearer proposals go to: https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/portal/form/furbearersurvey.
The deadline for submitting comments is January 6.
All written comments will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission for consideration before seasons are set in January.