Press Release

Ask Fish and Game: Controlled Hunt Applications

Q. If I apply for a moose, sheep or goat hunt, can I still apply for a deer, elk or pronghorn controlled hunt?

A. Well, that depends. A person may apply for only one species with some exceptions: In general, anyone applying for any moose, bighorn sheep or mountain goat hunt may not apply for any other big game controlled hunt in the same year except they may apply for a controlled depredation hunt for deer, elk or pronghorn; a controlled black bear hunt; or leftover deer, elk or pronghorn controlled hunt tag; an unlimited controlled hunt; or an extra deer, elk, pronghorn or turkey hunt.