Press Release


This page is archived for your convenience. This content may contain outdated or currently inaccurate information.

Ask Fish and Game

Q. Hunting seasons are about done, but I would like to go out and do some plinking. What's required? A. If you're plinking tin cans or targets, you don't even need a license. But if you are walking around hunting ANY animal, you need a valid Idaho hunting license. This includes frequently-hunted unprotected species such as jackrabbits, ground squirrels and coyotes.