Nonresident Hound Hunter Information / Application

Download the nonresident hound hunter application

Applications for the 2019 Nonresident Hound Hunter Permits will be accepted starting November 15, 2018. Applications must be received at the Idaho Fish and Game Headquarters office no later than December 3, 2018. Please mail your application and payment to:

Idaho Department of Fish and Game
Attn: Hound Hunter Permit Application
P.O. Box 25
Boise, ID 83707

2019 Nonresident Hound Hunter Permit Application

- [pdf 168 kb]


Applications received after December 3, 2018 will not be included in the drawing.

If you are successful in drawing a permit, the items requested will be issued and mailed to you. If you are unsuccessful in drawing a permit, your money will be returned to you unless requested otherwise on your application.

Hound hunters may apply with a partner, but they may submit only one application per group. A second choice is optional. For example, a hunter may select Statewide as their first choice, and Selway as their second choice. After the drawing is complete, a second drawing is conducted using the applicant’s second choices to fill any permits that may not have been filled in the first drawing.

Unit descriptions for nonresident hound hunter permits:

  • Statewide: Valid in all units.
  • Selway Zone (Excluding Unit 17-1): Valid in units 16A, 17, 19, 20.
  • Selway Zone - Unit 17-1: Valid in unit 17-1 only. This hunt area is defined as that portion of unit 17 South of the following boundary: Beginning at the junction of the Unit 17 boundary and Forest Service Trail 24, then west along Forest Service Trail 24 to the Selway River, then north along the Selway River to Forest Service Trail 40, then southwest along Forest Service Trail 40 to Forest Service Trail 3, then west along Forest Service Trail 3 to the Unit 17 boundary.
  • Lolo Zone: Valid in units 10 and 12 only.
  • Middlefork Zone: Valid in units 20A, 26, and 27 only.

Any permits left over after the drawing will be available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning December 17, 2018 at 10 a.m. Mountain Time. Leftover permits and Middlefork and Lolo permits may be purchased through any license vendor, Fish and Game office, by mail, with a credit card by calling 1-800-554-8685, or online.

For current prices and fees please see the Licenses, Tags and Permits page.

Last Updated: October 2, 2018
Top of page