- From Coeur d’Alene Idaho: Travel approximately 20 miles north of Coeur d’Alene on Highway 95 to it’s intersection with Highway 54 near Athol Idaho. Take the Athol/Hwy 54 exit and travel east (turn right) on Hwy 54 toward Farragut State Park. Travel approximately 4 miles on Hwy 54 to the traffic circle and travel ¾ of the way around the traffic circle to Perimeter Road. Follow Perimeter Road approximately 1.5 miles where you will find a gated gravel road on your right and a sign identifying the Farragut Shooting Range. Follow the gravel road approximately 0.4 miles to the range and check in with the Range Safety Officer on duty.
- From Sandpoint Idaho: Travel approximately 25 miles south of Sandpoint on Highway 95 to it’s intersection with Highway 54 near Athol Idaho. Take the Athol/Hwy 54 exit and travel east (turn left) on Hwy 54 toward Farragut State Park. Travel approximately 4 miles on Hwy 54 to the traffic circle and travel ¾ of the way around the traffic circle to Perimeter Road. Follow Perimeter Road approximately 1.5 miles where you will find a gate and gravel road on your right and a sign identifying the Farragut Shooting Range. Follow the gravel road approximately 0.4 miles to the range and check in with the Range Safety Officer on duty.
Farragut Public Shooting Range
The Farragut Public Shooting Range features year-round public access to 50, 100, and 200-yard ranges plus trap and archery shooting. Reserved use for private events is available.
Hours of operation at the range differ between summer and winter.
- Summer hours are Friday through Monday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. These hours are in effect from mid May through mid November each year.
- Winter hours are Friday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. These hours are in effect from mid November through mid May each year.
- The range opens for shooters at 9 a.m. - no shooting before 9 a.m.
- No shooters will be signed in after 3 p.m.
- An airhorn sounds at 3:30 p.m., at which time all shooters must prepare to vacate the range
- The range closes and the gate is locked promptly at 4 p.m.
All scheduled closures due to reservations or unscheduled closures due to weather or other will be posted here and on Google. If you have any questions, please call the range office directly at (208) 683-1499 or call the Panhandle Regional office at (208) 769-1414.
- Friday, Dec. 23 - Sunday, December 25 for Christmas holiday
- Sunday, Jan. 1 for New Year's holiday
What you will find at the range:
- 50-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to handguns. The range accommodates 7-yard through 50-yard shooting distances.
- 100-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to rifles, shotgun slugs and scoped handguns. Normal shooting distances allowed are 50-yards through 100-yards. Shorter distances can be accommodated with permission and under direct supervision of a Range Safety Officer. Typically shorter distances are only allowed to ensure a new gun/scope is “hitting the paper” and then normal shooting distances are reinstated.
- 200-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to rifles. Normal shooting distances allowed are 100-yards through 200-yards.
- Shotgun Trap: 4 shooting points with manually cocked mechanical throwers. Shot size at the Farragut Range is limited to #7.5, #8, and #9. Participants must supply their own clay targets.
- Archery Range: 20 shooting points along a 1 mile 3D target loop. Crossbows allowed.
- Amenities: Vault toilets, covered shooting. For sale: eye and ear protection, reloading brass, shooting clays and bottled water.
Reserved Use: The Farragut Public Shooting Range hosts activities that enhance and strengthen the shooting sports. The range is available for reserved use to groups of 10 or more limited to 7 hours of shooting activity between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Clubs, shooting teams, sanctioned and informal competition events, gun safety and marksmanship training events, family reunions, scouting groups, church groups, and all others are welcome and encouraged to consider hosting a special event at the Farragut Shooting Range.
In addition, the new Hunter Education Classroom reservation fee of $53.00 will take effect beginning Jan. 1, 2022. The classroom can easily seat approximately 30 people while offering plenty of parking space, a television and projector screen, indoor restroom and warming kitchen. The range use reservation is separate and in addition to the classroom reservation. Both may be available at the same time.
Contact the range office if interested in reserving space: 208-683-1499. Additional fees apply.
Directions: From US-95, take exit for ID-54 in Athol. Drive east on ID-54 for 3.8 miles toward Bayview and Farragut State Park. Look for posted range signs. At the traffic circle, take the third exit to travel north on Perimeter Road for 1.7 miles. Range entrance is located on the right (east) side of Perimeter Road. Address is 33644 N. Shooters Road (currently unavailable on Google Maps).This is the official web site of the Idaho Fish & Game Farragut Public Shooting Range. All data here within is the most current and correct information regarding the range.