Idaho Fish & Game Farragut Public Shooting Range
- Fifty-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to handguns and rimfire rifles. The range accommodates 7-yard through 50-yard shooting distances.
- 100-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to rifles and shotgun slugs. Normal shooting distances allowed are 50-yards through 100-yards. Shorter distances can be accommodated with permission and under direct supervision of a Range Safety Officer. Typically shorter distances are only allowed to ensure a new gun/scope is “hitting the paper” and then normal shooting distances are reinstated.
- 200-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to rifles. Normal shooting distances allowed are 100-yards through 200-yards.
- Shotgun Skeet: 4 shooting points with manually cocked mechanical throwers. Shot size at the Farragut Range is limited to #7.5, #8, and #9. Participants must supply their own clay targets.
- Archery Range: 20 shooting points along a 1 mile 3D target loop. Crossbows allowed.
- Amenities: Vault toilets, covered shooting, for sale: eye and ear protection and reloading brass.
Reserved Use: The Farragut Public Shooting Range hosts activities that enhance and strengthen the shooting sports. The range is available for reserved use to groups of 10 or more limited to 7 hours of shooting activity between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Clubs, shooting teams, sanctioned and informal competition events, gun safety and marksmanship training events, family reunions, scouting groups, church groups, and all others are welcome and encouraged to consider hosting a special event at the Farragut Shooting Range. Contact the Farragut State Park Visitor Center for more information if your group is interested in reserving space at the range: (208) 683-2425. Additional fees apply.