Farragut Public Shooting Range
Summer hours for the range are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Normal summer hours are resuming effective May. 1, 2022 and will remain in effect until late-fall 2022.
All scheduled closures due to reservations or unscheduled closures due to weather or other will be posted here and on Google. If you have any questions, please call the range office directly at (208) 683-1499 or call the Panhandle Regional office at (208) 769-1414.
What you will find at the range:
- 50-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to handguns. The range accommodates 7-yard through 50-yard shooting distances.
- 100-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to rifles, shotgun slugs and scoped handguns. Normal shooting distances allowed are 50-yards through 100-yards. Shorter distances can be accommodated with permission and under direct supervision of a Range Safety Officer. Typically shorter distances are only allowed to ensure a new gun/scope is “hitting the paper” and then normal shooting distances are reinstated.
- 200-Yard Range: 12 shooting points limited to rifles. Normal shooting distances allowed are 100-yards through 200-yards.
- Shotgun Trap: 4 shooting points with manually cocked mechanical throwers. Shot size at the Farragut Range is limited to #7.5, #8, and #9. Participants must supply their own clay targets.
- Archery Range: 20 shooting points along a 1 mile 3D target loop. Crossbows allowed.
- Amenities: Vault toilets, covered shooting. For sale: eye and ear protection, reloading brass, shooting clays and bottled water.
Reserved Use: The Farragut Public Shooting Range hosts activities that enhance and strengthen the shooting sports. The range is available for reserved use to groups of 10 or more limited to 7 hours of shooting activity between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Clubs, shooting teams, sanctioned and informal competition events, gun safety and marksmanship training events, family reunions, scouting groups, church groups, and all others are welcome and encouraged to consider hosting a special event at the Farragut Shooting Range.
In addition, the new Hunter Education Classroom reservation fee of $53.00 will take effect beginning Jan. 1, 2022. The classroom can easily seat approximately 30 people while offering plenty of parking space, a television and projector screen, indoor restroom and warming kitchen. The range use reservation is separate and in addition to the classroom reservation. Both may be available at the same time.
Contact the range office if interested in reserving space: 208-683-1499. Additional fees apply.
Directions: From US-95, take exit for ID-54 in Athol. Drive east on ID-54 for 3.8 miles toward Bayview and Farragut State Park. Look for posted range signs. At the traffic circle, take the third exit to travel north on Perimeter Road for 1.7 miles. Range entrance is located on the right (east) side of Perimeter Road. Address is 33644 N. Shooters Road (currently unavailable on Google Maps).This is the official web site of the Idaho Fish & Game Farragut Public Shooting Range. All data here within is the most current and correct information regarding the range.
Friday, April 22, 2022 - 1:07 PM MDT