Black's Creek Public Shooting Range
This month at BCR
A new year -- and new beginnings --
BCR now has a new Range Manager. John Keane and his wife Martha have taken over day to day management duties at BCR, and are excited for the opportunity to serve the local sport shooting community. Make a trip to BCR for a few hours of shooting fun and say hello to John and Martha.
March Days/Hours of Operation:
Winter hours continue during March. BCR is open from 10:00am to 4:00pm, Friday through Monday.
The range is closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
A number of organized shoots are on the March schedule. Come join the fun! Check the events section on this page for a description of these shooting events. As is customary, spectators are welcome at any of the organized shooting competitions held at BCR.
The Idaho Automatic Weapons Collectors' Association (IAWCA) will be holding their annual St. Patrick's Day Fun Shoot on Saturday, March 17th. The main range will be closed for this event.
The 500-meter range will host a black powder cartridge rifle match on Saturday, March 24th. The main range will be closed.
The 500-meter range will be open to the public on Sunday, March 25th for long distance shooting. The main range will be closed.
See the events list or call the Fish and Game Nampa office for more information – 208-465-8465.
Things to know:
- With 46 shooting benches, the main range accommodates shooting distances from 25 to 200 yards.
- There are no restrictions on the number of firearms a person may use on the range during a shooting session.
- BCR does not provide gun rentals or ammunition sales.
- Both the range and the on-site restrooms are accessible to physically-challenged shooters.
- See an aerial view of the facilities at Black's Creek.
Events and Alerts
- See the events list for specialized shooting opportunities.
- Please call the range hotline for any unlisted range closures. Listen to the recorded message at 208-342-9614 or call the Fish and Game Nampa office at 208-465-8465.