Black's Creek Public Shooting Range
BCR is one of four Idaho shooting ranges owned by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. The non-profit shooting club, the EE-DA-HOW Long Rifles, Inc. is responsible for day to day operation of BCR.
Taking Aim At COVID-19
Black's Creek Public Shooting Range remains open with much of the credit for that fact going to our patrons. Please continue to social distance while at BCR; wearing a mask at appropriate times is also encouraged. Remember to wash your hands/use hand sanitizer and enjoy your time at the range!
This month at BCR...
Spring has sprung and we are knocking on the doorstep of Summer! Pick a sunshine-filled day and make a trip to BCR. Remember that that Upper Silhouette Range -- with distances out to more than 500 meters -- is open three days this month, June 5, 6, and 27 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
JUNE BCR days/hours of operation:
BCR is open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. The range is closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Follow us on Facebook! - @BlacksCreekRange
Things to know:
- With 46 shooting benches, the main range accommodates shooting distances from 3 to 200 yards.
- There are no restrictions on the number of firearms a person may use on the range during a shooting session.
- Approved firearms include centerfire, rimfire and blackpowder rifles and pistols.
Non-conventional ammunition is not allowed at BCR. This includes steel-jacketed bullets, steel-core bullets, bi-metal bullets, armor piercing bullets and incendiary (tracer) bullets.
- BCR does not provide gun rentals or ammunition sales.
- Both the range and the on-site restrooms are accessible to physically-challenged shooters.
- See an aerial view of the facilities at Black's Creek.