Black's Creek Public Shooting Range
Taking Aim At COVID-19
Black's Creek Public Shooting Range remains open with much of the credit for that fact going to our patrons. Please continue to social distance while at BCR; wearing a mask at appropriate times is also encouraged. Remember to wash your hands/use hand sanitizer and enjoy your time at the range!
September BCR days/hours of operation:
Summer days/hours continue at BCR, with the range open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Thursday through Monday. The range is closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Sight In event is coming to BCR on Saturday, September 12. On this special day, Hunter Education Instructors will be on hand to help get that new (or old) rifle sighted in for hunting season. Proceeds from the day go to the Idaho Hunter Education Association - Treasure Valley Chapter to ultimately benefit Idaho’s young hunters. If you are a BCR regular, it will be business as usual, with a few more Range Officers present.
For more BCR information, call the BCR office: 208-342-9614 or the Nampa Fish and Game office: 208-465-8465. We look forward to seeing you at BCR!
Follow us on Facebook! - @BlacksCreekRange
Things to know:
- With 46 shooting benches, the main range accommodates shooting distances from 3 to 200 yards.
- There are no restrictions on the number of firearms a person may use on the range during a shooting session.
- Approved firearms include centerfire, rimfire and blackpowder rifles and pistols.
Non-conventional ammunition is not allowed at BCR. This includes steel-jacketed bullets, steel-core bullets, bi-metal bullets, armor piercing bullets and incendiary (tracer) bullets.
- BCR does not provide gun rentals or ammunition sales.
- Both the range and the on-site restrooms are accessible to physically-challenged shooters.
- See an aerial view of the facilities at Black's Creek.