Black's Creek Public Shooting Range
BCR is one of four Idaho shooting ranges owned by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. The non-profit shooting club, the EE-DA-HOW Long Rifles, Inc. is responsible for day to day operation of BCR.
Taking Aim At COVID-19
Black's Creek Public Shooting Range remains open with much of the credit for that fact going to our patrons. Please continue to social distance while at BCR; wearing a mask at appropriate times is also encouraged. Remember to wash your hands/use hand sanitizer and enjoy your time at the range!
- Main Range: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Sunday
- 500m Range- Open to public on the following dates ONLY:
- Saturday, September 4, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, September 5, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 26, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Ranges Closed: Monday through Wednesday
Follow us on Facebook! - @BlacksCreekRange
Things to know:
- With 46 shooting benches, the main range accommodates shooting distances from 3 to 200 yards.
- There are no restrictions on the number of firearms a person may use on the range during a shooting session.
- Approved firearms include centerfire, rimfire and blackpowder rifles and pistols.
Non-conventional ammunition is not allowed at BCR. This includes steel-jacketed bullets, steel-core bullets, bi-metal bullets, armor piercing bullets and incendiary (tracer) bullets.
- BCR does not provide gun rentals or ammunition sales.
- Both the range and the on-site restrooms are accessible to physically-challenged shooters.
- See an aerial view of the facilities at Black's Creek.
Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 9:29 AM MDT
Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 5:00 PM MDT