Black's Creek Public Shooting Range
BCR is one of four Idaho shooting ranges owned by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. The non-profit shooting club, the EE-DA-HOW Long Rifle & Pistol Club. is responsible for day to day operation of BCR.
June 1 - Oct. 31
- Main Range: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Sunday
- 500M Range: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays
Nov. 1 - May 31
- Main Range: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursday through Sunday
- 500M Range: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays and Sundays
*Note: Black’s Creek will be closed to the public on Sunday, Dec. 11 for range maintenance, as well as Sunday, Dec. 25 for the Christmas holiday.
Follow us on Facebook! - @BlacksCreekRange
Things to know:
- With 40 shooting benches, the main range accommodates shooting distances from 5 to 200 yards.
- There are no restrictions on the number of firearms a person may use on the range during a shooting session; however, only one firearm is permitted at the shooting bench at a time.
- Approved firearms include centerfire, rimfire and blackpowder rifles and pistols.
Non-conventional ammunition is not allowed at BCR. This includes steel-jacketed bullets, steel-core bullets, bi-metal bullets, armor piercing bullets and incendiary (tracer) bullets. However, between Nov. 1 and March 31, certain steel component ammunition may be allowed, dependent upon environmental conditions. Always check with the Range Safety Officer on duty.
- BCR does not provide gun rentals or ammunition sales.
- Both the range and the on-site restrooms are accessible to physically-challenged shooters.
- See an aerial view of the facilities at Black's Creek.
Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 11:19 AM MDT