Press Release

Yes, nonresident hunters can apply for big game controlled hunts

Sales of some nonresident licenses, tags and permits are temporarily suspended

Fish and Game staff have gotten some questions about this topic, so here’s a quick reminder regarding the temporary suspension of some nonresident licenses and tags. 

  • Nonresident hunters can still buy a nonresident hunting license, which enables them to apply for deer, elk, pronghorn and fall bears controlled hunts. Licenses can be bought online or by calling 1-800-554-8685. Deadline to apply is June 5. 
  • Nonresidents can also apply for Super Hunts, which do not require a hunting license to apply, and residents and nonresidents can apply as many times as they like for Super Hunts for deer, elk, pronghorn, moose and one Super Hunt Combos that includes one of each. Deadline to apply is May 31. 
  • Nonresidents can also purchase 2020 over-the-counter deer and elk tags.
  • Nonresident hunters can not currently buy nonresident tags for black bear and turkey, which are part of the temporary suspension. Here are more details about the temporary suspension
  • For more information about controlled hunts, see the 2020 Big Game Season and Rules.