Skip to main content

Idaho Fish and Game

Ask Fish and Game

Q. What stamps do I need to hunt birds? A. For upland birds, you only need a hunting license, unless you hunt sage or sharptail grouse, which have a special $1.50 permit to gather information on hunter numbers and harvest. For waterfowl, you need a license, a federal duck stamp, and federal harvest information permit. The state upland and waterfowl permits have gone away, and those programs will be funded from the increase in hunting license fees approved by the 2000 Legislature.