Press Release


This page is archived for your convenience. This content may contain outdated or currently inaccurate information.

New Licenses Required Before Going Afield

Lewiston - Before going afield in the New Year, hunters and anglers are reminded a 2004 license and appropriate permits are required. However, both the federal migratory waterfowl stamp and trapping license are valid through June.

"Even though fishing and several hunting seasons continues into the New Year, 2003 licenses expire December 31," said Connie Stevens, office manager for the Idaho Department of Fish and Game in Lewiston. "New licenses went on sale December 1, so hunters and anglers should have plenty of time to get them before the New Year arrives, " she said.

Licenses are available at all vendors and Fish and Game offices throughout the state.

Lifetime license holders can obtain their new licenses by mail from the Headquarters office in Boise or by visiting their local Fish and Game office.

Along with a new hunting license, waterfowl hunters need a new $1.50 Federal Migratory Harvest Information Program validation and remember to keep their federal stamp through the end of the season.