The Idaho Fish and Game Commission will meet in the conference room in the Cabela's store in Post Falls July 23-25. A public comment period is set for 7 p.m. Wednesday July 23. The commissioners will consider five proposed rule changes that would:
- Eliminate evidence-of-sex requirement for meat being transported from a commercial meat processor.
- Allow disabled archery hunters to use crossbows with nonmagnifying scopes having battery powered or tritium lighted reticles during archery-only hunting seasons.
- Allow visually impaired hunters to use nonmagnifying scopes during muzzleloader-only hunts.
- Allow holders of senior combination and disabled combination licenses to apply for, and participate in, leftover youth-only deer and elk controlled hunts.
- Include bait containers in the current commission rules on black bear bait placement.