Even with COVID-19 concerns changing the way we are currently living, working, and recreating, you can still get outside for some fishing adventures. Just remember to follow public health recommendations for social distancing, even when outdoors.
Idaho Department of Fish and Game will stock over 31,680 rainbow trout in the 10-12 inch range at the following location in June.
Location, Week Stocked, Number of Trout
- Alturas Lake, June 8-12 & June 29-July 4, 3,480 total
- Bayhorse Lake, June 29-July 3, 2,000
- Blue Mt. Meadow Pond, June 8-12, 400
- Capehorn Lake, June 1-5 & June 29-July 3, 600 total
- Hayden Creek Pond, June 8-12 & June 22-26, 1,000 total
- Hyde Creek Pond, June 8-12 & June 22-26, 400 total
- Iron Lake, June 29-July 3, 1,000
- Josephus Lake (Upper and Lower), June 29-July 3; 800 total
- Kids Creek Pond, June 8-12 & June 22-26, 800 total
- Little Bayhorse Lake, June 29-July 3, 1,000
- Meadow Lake, June 29-July 3, 2,000
- Perkins Lake, June 15-19, 600
- Salmon River (Decker Flat to Torrey’s Hole), June 15-19 & June 29-July 3, 8,800 total
- Sawtooth Kids Pond, June 1-5, June 22-26 & June 29-July 3; 800 total
- Squaw Creek Pond, June 8-12, 300
- Stanley Lake, June 8-12 & June 29-July 3, 4,200
- Valley Creek, June 15-19 & June 29-July 3, 1,500 total
- Yankee Fork Dredge Ponds, June 1-5, June 22-26 & June 29-July 3, 2,000 total
The number of trout actually released may be altered by weather, road conditions, equipment problems or schedule changes. If delays occur, trout will be released when conditions become favorable.
Anglers can find more detailed information on each of these waters, including maps, facilities, species present, stocking records, and fishing rules by visiting the Fishing Planner on Fish and Game’s website.