Idaho Department of Fish and Game will stock over 36,500 trout in the 10-12 inch range at the following location in July.
Location, Week Stocked, Number of Trout
- Alturas Lake, July 1-5, 1,740
- Blue Mt. Meadow Pond, July 1-5, 300
- Capehorn Lakes, July 1-5 & July 8-12, 800 total
- Hayden Creek Pond, July 8-12 & July 22-26, 1,000 total
- Iron Lake, July 1-5 & July 29-Aug. 2, 2,000 total
- Josephus lakes (upper and lower), July 29-Aug. 2, 2,800
- Kids Creek Pond, July 8-12 & July 22-26, 400 total
- Little Bayhorse Lake, July 29-Aug. 2, 1,000
- Meadow Lake, July 1-5, 2,000
- Perkins Lake, July 15-19, 300
- Salmon River (Decker Flat to Torrey’s Hole), each week, 13,570 total
- Sawtooth Kids Pond, July 1-5, July 15-19, July 29-Aug. 2, 600 total
- Squaw Creek Pond, July 1-5, 300
- Stanley Lake, July 1-5 & July 22-26, 4,200 total
- Valley Creek, each week, 2,000 total
- Wallace Lake, July 1-5, 1,500
- Yankee Fork Dredge Ponds, July 1-5 & July 15-19, 2,000 total
The number of trout actually released may be altered by weather, water conditions, equipment problems or schedule changes. If delays occur, trout will be released when conditions become favorable.
Anglers can find more detailed information on each of these waters, including maps, facilities, species present, stocking records, and fishing rules by visiting the Idaho Fishing Planner.