Hunters are encouraged to attend one of several open house meetings around the state to visit with biologists about proposed changes to the 2014 big game seasons and rules.
Open house meetings scheduled include:
Panhandle Region: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. (PST)
- February 27: Best Western, 506 W. Appleway Ave. Coeur d' Alene
Clearwater Region: 5 to 7 p.m. (PST)
- February 25: IDFG Clearwater Hatchery, 118 Hatchery Roe Drive, Orofino
Southwest Region McCall: 4 to 7 p.m. (MST)
- February 25: IDFG Office, 555 Deinhard Lane, McCall
Southwest Region Nampa: 6 to 8 p.m. (MST)
- February 28: Idaho Sportsman's Show, Expo Idaho Building, Idaho State Fair Grounds
Magic Valley Region: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (MST)
- February 24: Community Campus, Rooms 301 and 302, 1050 Fox Acres Rd., Hailey
- February 25: Burley Inn, Minidoka Room 2, 800 North Overland Ave, Burley
- February 26: IDFG Magic Valley Region Office, 324 South 417 East, Jerome
Southeast Region: All meetings start at 6:30 pm (MST)
- February 24: Senior Citizens Center, 26 North Main Street, Malad
- February 25: Larsen-Sant Library, 109 South 1st East, Preston
- February 26: Senior Center, 60 South Main Street, Soda Springs
- February 27: Bear Lake Senior Center, 115 South 4th Street, Montpelier
Upper Snake Region: All meetings start at 7 p.m. (MST)
- February 25: Mackay Jr. & Sr. High School Library, 400 East Spruce Street, Mackay
- February 26: IDFG Upper Snake Region Office, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls
- February 27: Madison Middle School Library, 575 West 7th South, Rexburg
Salmon Region: 4 to 7 p.m. (MST)
- February 25: IDFG Salmon Region Office, 99 Highway 93 North, Salmon
- February 26: Challis Community Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, Challis
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting their local Fish and Game office or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-377-3529 (TDD).
The proposed season changes are also available for public review and comment on the Fish and Game website at: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/hunt/?getPage=336. Only those seasons and hunts for which changes are proposed are listed. All others will remain the same as they were during the 2013 hunting season.
Public comments on the proposals are considered an essential part of the season setting process. All comments received by March 9 will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission at their March 19-21 meeting in Boise where big game seasons will be set.