Press Release

Ask Fish and Game: Recording Salmon Catch

Q. Do I need to record salmon I keep that are less than 24 inches on my permit?

A. No. Anglers need to record only adult Chinook salmon longer than 24 inches on their permits. Salmon less than 24 inches in total length are jacks and do not need to be recorded on the angler's salmon permit. They still apply toward the daily and possession bag limits, but they don't count toward the statewide season limits.