Press Release

Ask Fish and Game: Gift Licenses

Q. I am looking for a Christmas present for my brother-in-law. Can I buy him a hunting license for Christmas?

A. Only if he is a nonresident. If he is a resident you can't buy him a license, but you can buy a gift certificate at a Fish and Game office that he can use to get a license. Adult residents 18 or older must buy their own hunting or fishing license because they are required to prove their resident status when the license is issued. Gift certificates can be redeemed at any Fish and Game office.