Press Release


This page is archived for your convenience. This content may contain outdated or currently inaccurate information.

Ask Fish and Game: Elk Controlled Hunt Application Period

Q. How soon can I apply for a controlled elk hunt?

A. The application period for elk controlled hunts, as well as controlled hunts for deer, pronghorn and fall black bear runs from May 1 through June 5. Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting and fishing license vendor, Fish and Game office; with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5 or 1-800-824-3729; or online at The application fee is $6.25 per person, $14.75 for nonresidents. An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications. Hunters must have a 2010 Idaho hunting license to apply. Be sure to use the 2010 Big Game Seasons and Rules brochure when you apply. It will be available in mid-April.