Press Release

Ask Fish and Game: Controlled Hunt Applications

Q. I am an Idaho resident, when can I apply for this fall's controlled elk hunts?

A. The application period for this fall's elk, deer, pronghorn, fall black bear and fall turkey controlled hunts starts May 1, and runs through June 5. Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting and fishing license vendor, Fish and Game office; with a credit card at 1-800-55HUNT5; or online at An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications. Hunters must have a 2013 Idaho hunting license to apply. The 2012 drawing odds for controlled hunts are posted online at, and at Hunters can use past drawing odds to search for similar controlled hunts for this year.