Skip to main content

Idaho Fish and Game

Ask Fish and Game

Q. When do I apply for controlled hunts? A. For moose, mountain goats or bighorn sheep, the application period is April 1-30. For deer, elk, antelope or black bear, it is May 1-31. You can apply at a Fish and Game office, any license vendor, over the Fish and Game web site, or by calling 1-800-554-8685. If you use the web site or telephone service, there will be an extra charge by the contractor for providing the service.