Press Release


This page is archived for your convenience. This content may contain outdated or currently inaccurate information.

Ask Fish and Game

Q. I won't turn 12 until this summer but would like to apply in a controlled hunt drawing this spring. Is this possible?

A. Yes, it is. You have to have a hunting license to apply in a controlled hunt, and you have to be 12 to buy one. However, you can buy one at age 11 to apply in a controlled hunt, as long as you don't use it to hunt until turning 12. You must have successfully completed an approved hunter education course to buy the license.