The Idaho Department of Fish and Game works to promote and enhance firearms and archery shooting opportunities for the public through cooperative partnership agreements. The Shooting Range Development Grant program provides funds to assist organizations or agencies to establish, upgrade, expand or otherwise improve public firearms and archery ranges in Idaho.
All applications are evaluated by established criteria to determine their potential to expand and enhance shooting opportunities for both the general public as well as Idaho’s hunter education program. Other considerations include the availability of matching funds and the donation of labor or materials by organization members or outside entities. The step-by-step application process is outlined below.The Application Process:
- Complete the Shooting Range Development Grant Application – [PDF, 350 KB]. The application is also available at regional offices.
Applications are due to the regional office by February 2.
- Extra consideration will be given to those organizations that actively support the Idaho Hunter and Bowhunter Education Programs.
- Grant awards will be determined in April and successful applicants notified quickly.
- Projects must be completed and a final report submitted no later than June 1 of the following calendar year. The final report should include documentation of how grant funds were spent including copies of all invoices for materials purchased or work completed if done by a contractor. Before-and-after photographs are also beneficial if appropriate for the project.
- The completed project must be inspected by Fish and Game regional staff.