Pronghorn Controlled Hunt Doe or Fawn Season
Controlled Hunt 4035 - Hunt Area 46-3*
8/15/2011 - 10/24/2011
- Pronghorn (Antilocapra americana)
- Doe or Fawn Pronghorn Antelope
- Only antelope without a black "cheek patch" or with horns less than 3 inches long may be taken during doe or fawn only antelope seasons.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Landowner Permission Hunt. Written permission from landowner who owns more than 159 acres in the hunt area is required to apply for this hunt. Landowner Permission Hunt Permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the Nampa, McCall and headquarters IDFG offices starting July 15. Do not apply for this hunt during the controlled hunt application period.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
Private land ONLY. Landowner Permission Required see page 76 of the Big Game Regulations for details on applying (http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/rules/bg/ch.pdf). MVR Unit 47.
- Hunt Area 46-3*
- Private land within Units 46 and 54 and private land within that portion of Unit 47 east of Salmon Falls Creek. Area Size: 2,610,949 acres
Controlled Hunt Harvest Statistics
|Year||Hunt#||Area||Hunters*||Harvest||Success%||Days||Horned||Hornless||Avg. Horn Length (in.)|
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Antelope Tag $31.25 2011 (general season is archery only)
- Controlled Hunt Application Fee $6.25 2011
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Antelope Tag $311.75 2011 (general season is archery only)
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 54.21%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 11.57%|
|U.S. Military 4.41%|
|State of Idaho 3.41%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.22%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.16%|
Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 4035 - Hunt Area 46-3*
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness 30,162 acres (1.16% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 74.34 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 12.11 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 4.96 %|
|Forest 3.87 %|
|Urban 2 %|
|Riparian 1.9 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.67 %|
|Rock 0.13 %|
|Water 0.01 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources