Fish and Game manages wolves as a big game species. This provides for a general hunting season with tags available over-the-counter. Harvest limits apply in certain areas. Hunters can harvest up to five wolves per calendar year. Additionally, certified trappers may harvest up to 5 wolves during the trapping season. Hunters of bears, lions and wolves are all required to report harvests and must present the hide and skull to the Fish and Game Department within 10 days of harvest.
- Wolf Hunting and Trapping Seasons and Rules — [PDF, 995 KB]
- Hunting Opportunities
- Wolf Trapper Class Information
- Wolf Harvest 2015 - 2016
- Trapping Warning Sign - poster that can be placed in trapping areas alerting the public and dog owners of trapping activity - [PDF, 500 kb]
- Big Game Seasons and Rules
- Wolf Management - Timeline, Wolf Sighting Report Form, Current Status, more . . .
Wolf Tag Prices / Info
- Resident Tag — (at the bottom of the list).
- Nonresident Tag — (at the bottom of the list).
- Tags are available at Fish and Game offices; license vendors; with a credit card by phone @ 1-800-554-8685 or 1-800-824-3729; or online. An additional fee is charged for telephone and internet applications.
- Within 72 hours of harvesting a wolf, hunters must report it at this toll free number: 1-855-648-5558.
- Hunters must present hide and skull to a Fish and Game regional office within ten days of harvest.
- For more information, contact any Fish and Game office.
Last Updated: February 6, 2015
Top of page
Top of page