I plan to go dove hunting. Do I need a permit other than a hunting license?


Yes. The mourning dove season opens September 1, and in addition to a 2010 hunting license, hunters must have a federal "Migratory Game Bird Harvest Information Program Validation," migratory bird permit for short - not a duck stamp. It costs $1.75 for resident hunters and $4.75 for nonresidents. For more details see the 2010-2011 & 2011-2013 Upland Game, Furbearer and Turkey rules brochure.

Answered on: 
Sunday, August 8, 2010 - 6:00 PM MDT