Can I buy a Chinook salmon from a Nez Perce Tribal member even though the salmon sport fishery is closed?


Yes. In the Snake River Basin, a Nez Perce Tribal member may sell hatchery Chinook salmon only, as indicated by a missing adipose with healed scar. Nez Perce Tribal regulations require a receipt for all sales. Receipts must include name and identification number of Nez Perce Tribal member selling fish, name of the fish buyer, number and species of fish sold and where it was caught and the Nez Perce Tribe Conservation Enforcement phone number 208-843-7143. The buyer of salmon is required to have this valid receipt and present the fish and receipt for inspection when requested by a conservation officer or other authorized persons.

Answered on: 
Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 6:00 PM MDT