Wilderness survival?

My boyfriend recently became obsessed with wilderness survival and wants to plan a family trip, to live off the land for a week or so. Are there rules and regulations regarding trapping or hunting (small scale) and living off the land during this trip?


If he is hunting, he must have an Idaho hunting license.  If he is fishing, he must have an Idaho fishing license.  If he is trapping, he must have an Idaho trapping license.
He should check with the region office in the area for information about contacting the land management agency (for example, the Forest Service or BLM) for restrictions that they may place on the land he wants to use.

Answered on: 
Friday, March 29, 2013 - 1:29 PM MDT