Who do you call, when urban wildlife becomes nuisance wildlife?


Local animal control, animal rescue, or law enforcement in emergencies and USDA Wildlife Services are good sources for help, information and advice.Idaho law allows people to trap or remove any wildlife to protect private property and personal safety, but just like the plumbing, sometimes it is better to get help from a professional.Local Fish and Game offices also are good sources of information and advice. But Fish and Game generally does not respond to nuisance wildlife issues unless big game critters - bear, lion, deer, elk or moose - are involved, but local offices can often provide loaner traps.There are often many professionals in urban communities who specialize in nuisance wildlife control who can help with rats and bats and everything in between. Nuisance wildlife may not be released live without a permit from Fish and Game. But native wildlife classified as predatory or unprotected wildlife, including skunks and raccoons, may not be released without written permission from the landowner at the release site, and you must have the written permission in your possession while transporting them. --source http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/fgNews/2011mar.pdf - March 2011

Answered on: 
Friday, April 6, 2012 - 11:03 AM MDT