Where can I find out which are established roads open to use by full-sized vehicles and which are trails on national forest or BLM land?


For questions about the status of a road or trail in the area you plan to hunt, please contact the appropriate land management agency.  National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Maps and BLM Travel Maps list road, trail and other allowable uses.  Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation’s Statewide Online Map, available at http://www.trails.idaho.gov/, also lists what type of motorized use is allowed on Forest Service and BLM lands statewide, as well as local land management agency contact information.     

Answered on: 
Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 1:47 PM MDT