Been combing through the Idaho Fish and Game website to look for an answer as to when the drawing is held for the big game controlled hunts and can't seem to find an answer. Hoping you can answer it for me.
Draw Results for Controlled Hunts for Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Fall Bear and Fall Turkey:
Successful applicants will be mailed a postcard in the mail by July 10.
The results will be posted online by July 10 at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/licenses/controlledHunts/?getPage=81.
Mark your calendar for:
• May 1 - June 5 – First deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear application period.
• July 10 – Winners of first deer, elk, pronghorn drawing notified by this date.
• August 1 – Last date to purchase tags from first deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear drawing.
• August 5-15 – Second application period for deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear.
• August 25 – Winners of second drawing for deer, elk, pronghorn, and fall bear will be notified by this date.
• August 25 – Leftover tags from second deer, elk, pronghorn, bear drawing go on sale at 10 a.m.
• August 28 – Residents or nonresidents may buy a leftover nonresident general season deer or elk tag at full nonresident price starting this day, as a second tag. Unsuccessful applicants may participate in general hunts where appropriate tags are available.