When can I buy a hunting license and tags for next year?


Nonresidents can buy licenses, deer and elk tags beginning Monday, December 1. Residents also can buy 2009 hunting licenses starting Monday, and they can buy a receipt for deer and elk tags, which don't go on sale until after deer, elk and pronghorn controlled hunt drawings. Hunters can redeem the receipt for a deer or elk tag after the controlled hunt drawings in July so those whose names were drawn don't have to exchange their general season tags for controlled hunt tags at a Fish and Game office. Instead the controlled winners are simply issued a controlled hunt tag at any license vendor. The rest are issued general season tags.

Answered on: 
Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 5:00 PM MST