What do I need a bird stamp for?


Fees were increased last year, at the same time that the legislation authorizing the upland game and waterfowl stamps expired. Fish and Game decided not to try to renew the stamp legislation, but instead will fund those habitat programs out of the general fee increase. Bottom line: You only need a state permit validation for sage and/or sharptail grouse ($1.50). You need a WMA pheasant permit ($21.50) if you are 17 or older and want to hunt pheasants on the Wildlife Management Areas where pheasants are stocked. You need a federal duck stamp to hunt waterfowl and a federal Harvest Information Program validation ($1.50) to hunt any migratory bird, including doves.

Answered on: 
Sunday, August 26, 2001 - 6:00 PM MDT