Use of unused contolled tag for late season archery

I have a controlled deer tag that went unfilled. Can I exchange or use that tag for a late season general archery hunt in another unit so I don't have to spend $300 for a non resident tag?
Your controlled hunt tag is only valid for the dates and hunt area listed in the current years big game rule booklet. Once the hunt to the tag you hold starts, you may not exchange it for another tag (see page 110 in the 2015 big game rule booklet). To hunt in the general season at this time, you will only be able to purchase the general season Res-Nonres tag at the nonresident prices.
Answered on: 
Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - 11:45 AM MST