Removing river bank

New neighbor wants to remove 400 feet of trees along a river bank and slope to have a beach. Can they do that? We have turkey and pheasants that live in this area. Geese and ducks here all the time. If not you who do we need to report it to? Thanks, Allen


In most instances, the removal or alteration of stream bank substrate is regulated by the Idaho Department of Water Resources (stream channel alteration) and the US Corps of Engineers, requiring a joint permit. Water quality certification of the activity by Idaho's DEQ is likely to be required also. Idaho Department of Fish and Game may be asked to comment on the proposed activity for potential affects on fish and wildlife.

Answered on: 
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:45 AM MDT